Saturday, August 22, 2009

Day 1

Today I have started an exciting journey! My wonderful mother thought I should blog my progress in the journey! Thanks mom.
I just went to the kickoff party & signed on with Team In Training. The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. Their mission statement is: The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society is the largest voluntary health agency dedicated to curing leukemia, lymphoma, multiple myeloma, and Hodgkin's Disease and improving the quality of life for patients and their families. This society has raised more than $550 million to research. They have 66 chapters across the United States and Canada. I am apart of the Idaho/Montana Chapter.
I am training to run a marathon (26.2 miles) in January at the P.F. Chang's Rock n Roll Marathon in Phoenix Arizona. This a HUGE for me. I started running about 2 years ago and have enjoyed the fun runs and have done a few 1/2 marathons so this is a big step for me. But now that I am running for a purpose to help fight the battle of cancer, I know I can tackle & complete the marathon. I had a dear friend that lost his battle w/ Hodkin's disease at age 21.
I will be running in memory of David Hagar.

I hope you enjoy this blog on my 4 1/2 month journey. I ask for your prayers and donations.
Feel free to give me feedback or if you know anyone who is affected w/ blood cancer I would love to add them to my page. This will help me make it through the 26 miles knowing that I am running for a much need cause. Cure for Cancer.

1 comment:

  1. This is so awesome and so exciting!! I don't know how others feel but I am totally excited to be on this journey with you. I of coure won't run, but will root you on each and every day. A great cause, great opportunity and goal that's for sure.
    Dave is up there in heaven beaming down on you and full of pride!!
    You should add "Jesus Take the Wheel" to your song list. I know He will when you are out there running that marathon and He will make sure you complete it. Acutally guide you from today on!!!

    ReplyDelete