Saturday, August 29, 2009

Day 8


Today was my 1st official training day w/ TNT it was great. We learned about road safety & then worked on our form. We ran for 3 miles (40 minutes) it was great. There are 5 of us in the Nampa training group for the Winter Session. My friend Kyleigh (who is doing this amazing adventure with me) is training in Boise and she said they have 20. My coach was saying that we will combine a few sessions when we start the longer runs. Ann (my coach) has done several marathons and said that the 1st time she ran the entire thing & came in at 5hrs and like 20mins the next one she did the 8-2 (run for 8 minutes walk for 2) and she got in at 5 hrs and then for her next one she did 9-1 and she was 4 hours 30 min. WOW she said it was good since she kept up her pace and by mile 20 she was like I can do this run for 9 minutes and then get to walk. It is a total mind thing. I am going to try the 9-1 concept. Ann did say that if I am going to do it to start training that way now. So this week I will try it & see how far I get! I am excited about that. I can run for 9 minutes oh yea!!!! I can't wait for the next session. We have an injury prevention clinic coming this week & I am excited about that. Ann did show me some stretches for my hip and then in the clinic she told me to ask about my hip.
I did get another donation today! OH YEA I am almost over $300 yea in the 1st week!!!! I got a make shift office setup. I was tired of having everything all over my counter. It is nice. Mikayla made me a sign to reach my goal. I got all my letters copied and will continue to work on my envelopes and then get them in the mail by next week. I am on a roll. I am also brainstorming some fundraising ideas. So if ya have any ideas just say the word! :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow the TNT training is thorough isn't it? Glad they are going to try to figure out what's going on w/ your hip!!
    Love your makeshift office, your sign Mikayla made but most of all your enthusiasm!!! It's awesome and I know you will make your goal and complete your marathon!!

    ReplyDelete