Friday, September 4, 2009

Day 13

I had a good workout today. My one the trainer gave me & I was able to do it from home! ;) Boy oh Boy those squats & lunges OUCH!!!! But it will be worth it because I will become a stronger runner. I went to the injury prevention clinic. Really good info. I learned that you should warm up first and then stop & stretch. You never want to stretch cold muscles cause it would be like putting a rubber band in the freezer taking it out & stretching it. It would break, that is how are muscles & tendons react. Interesting. He also stressed the importance of stretching after a run. I admit I get lazy & am glad I did the run & just sit on the ground or come in & shower. He said you must stretch those muscles out that will help w/ the aches & pains. So, besides watching my ankle roll, my goal this week is really to stretch during & after a run & keep an eye on the ankle.

1 comment:

  1. wow you are learning lots huh? Who would have thought to stretch during, we were always taught to stretch first!!! But it makes total sense when you think of a rubber band huh?
    Glad you are getting all this training before you big run!!!

    ReplyDelete