Friday, September 18, 2009

Day 25

Good morning. Sorry I didn't write last night my computer was acting weird. I went to an AMAZING nutrition clinic last night. Now I have been to nutritionist before for Andy (he is diabetic) but this was was specifically for running. It was great. I learned so much & can't wait to implement it into my training. It will take sometime to figure it all out but I am sure I can get it done! :) Yesterday I ran a 5 mile run it was nice. I did the 8-1 intervals and boy oh boy those are huge. I am sooo glad Coach Ann told me about those thanks a million. I was a bit tired I think I over did it on Wed. workouts but live & learn right? I finally got my new shoes from Shu's yesterday and a "hydration" belt hahahhaha I was calling it a water belt. Guess I will learn the running lingo soon enough. I can't wait to try it out on Saturday it is our 6 mile run. After emailing my mentor I have decided not to do the St. Luke's Women's Fitness next week. I kept going back and forth if I was going to do it or not. That is the day of our 7 mile run. Now I have done 1/2 marathons but I think this 7 mile will really set my tone. I am a scheduler and if I get of schedule & skip it I am afraid I won't make it up that week & come the weekend after at the 8 mile I might hit a brick wall. My focus right now is the training for the marathon & fundraising so I decided to stay focused & skip the 5k this year. I think it is the best decision for me. Today is my rest day so I will rest! =)

1 comment:

  1. And what does a "hydration belt" do? It is a water bottle? A belt to hold everything? Is that the one you were telling me about? Honest I do listen!! :)
    You are doing an awesome job, you are focused and Iknow it will all turn out perfect, afterall look at the cause you are doing this for!!! Dave is looking down each day and smiling aht smile of his saying "Way to go Brandi:

    ReplyDelete