Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Day 11

What an amazing day it was today. Everyday I wake up & feel so blessed with all I have. I get ready & then put on my T.E.A.M. bracelet & remember Dave & all the others out there suffering from this horrible disease. I thank God for giving me this chance to make a difference. It might be too late for Dave but I know what I am doing he would be proud of me that I am helping someone else. Someday in the near future there will be a cure for cancer & it will be worth everything we have been doing. Being apart of this Team In Training has truly been life changing. You might think it is funny me being only in it 11 days but it is true. I am surprised & sad how many people out there are affect by someway w/ blood cancer. That is why I am doing this. That is why I am hitting that pavement. That is why I am raising money. To help those people & the families.
I met w/ a trainer today at the Rec Center & he was great. I discovered that I roll my ankle when I squat, do lunges & run which can lead to major injury (just ask Mikayla) ! He showed me different exercises to strengthen my ankle. It was a great learning experience. I am excited to put the new ankle workouts into effect! I did also get some great strength training from him that will help me be a better runner. I meet w/ him again in 2 weeks! Thanks Perry!

1 comment:

  1. I know Dave is up there just beaming now. He knows what you are doing and he is pushing you all the way, your motivation, yeah that's what he is and it's awesome.
    You are learning alot about the way you exercise, the way you "feel" about helping others, which of course puts you #1 in my eyes. You have always been a helper but now you are going above and beyond, and for that heck yeah I am very proud of you. Keep up the great work and your enthuthiasm is infectious, go Brandi. And yes I spelled "enthuthiasm" wrong, but that's me and my "spelling" tee hee

    ReplyDelete